Established in 1916, Edler was initially little more than a post office. By 1925, the community recorded a population of 10 with two general mercantiles and blacksmith shop. Edler reached its peak population of 25 in 1932. The WPA constructed a new sandstone school and bus barn for the community in the late 1930s. The school also held church services until 1953 when residents built the Edler Community Church. The church closed in 1987 but re-opened in 2006 for Sunday evening Bible study.
Return to Baca County Map